Sunday, April 12, 2009

A few words on Chico


Well a number of months ago I introduced to you a fellow that was quickly introduced to me.
Chico!!!
Now I've realized that, introducing an amazing man with an amazing story, needs an amazing amount of follow up.
One more note of amazingness. Really cool how many of you want updates on his story and how much his stories have touched you all.

I was able to visit with this good man today at 'the farm' (medium security prison). Yes he is currently in prison and was sentenced near a month ago. Sorry for the delayed update. The sentencing went really well, the judge was very deliberate and took a great deal of time considering his case and showed a lot emotion in his final verdict. The verdict it's self was 5 months (comes to only 3 months) jail and 18 months probation!!! Which is pretty much the best that we all could have hoped for. So back to my visit with the fellow today. He was in really good spirits and said that his jail time would be a breeze. He's pretty enigmatic and I guess found some friends on the inside.

I don't know how all of your Easters went but mine was truly heartfelt. For some reason the joint emotion and sacrificial suffering, in the lead up to Good Friday, meant something big to me this year.

It may be easter Sunday but Sunday's still coming!!!!