Thursday, July 30, 2009

"Why are you still so afraid? Do you still have no faith?"




Hitchhiking

Slightly strange form of travel for those that might be slightly strange.
Dangerous ........? maybe
Death wish.........? unlikely

A prophet for modern times and a dear person, I'd like to think could be my friend said.....
...... After I was done with Seminary and "studying" the Bible my class mates and me came to understanding that we didn't actually have to risk our lives for GODs causes we only needed to be "willing" to.
-Heavily paraphrased by me but idea from a lecture by Tony Campolo

I'm into week two of my eastern/greatlakes tour. My travels being due to an exceptionally slow mid summer at the youth centre (I work at) and an insisting itching in my feet. I left last week monday for Montreal with very little belongings and a open plan. Why Montreal.....? mostly because I have two friends summering there and it's as nice a place as any to spend some time in. I had some tentative ideas on how I was going to get to Montreal but also an underling hope for adventure that a three hour flight wouldn't quite complete.

After receiving the personal affirmation I needed from GOD I decided to hitch, believing that.......

What's the point in having an All Powerful GOD if you don't live like you believe it?


So lets raise our communion glasses and risk our lives to the word that ............................when faced with a storm shouted to us the church.....
"Why are you still so afraid!!!!!!? Do you STILL have no faith!!!!!?
-Jesus Mark 4:40

1 comment:

carissa said...

I am quoting you ... the almighty God comment.. like it a lot.